Hi friends, I’m Sam!
I am currently twenty years old and I live in the vast and beautiful country of Canada. This blog was started when I went on my first “grand adventure” to Ireland, as a way to remember all my travels. It has since continued through a three-month exchange to mountainous Switzerland, several weekend excursions and has now morphed into a place for me to share my thoughts about movies, faith, travel, school, poetry, language learning, life and anything else that happens to tickle my fancy.
Some facts about me:
- I am an avid knitter, a tea drinker, a lover of words, and an outdoor enthusiast
- I laugh a lot and it often seems to be at inopportune times.
- My favourite word is “eloquent”
- I get myself into a lot awkward situations, managing to collect endless embarrassing stories.
- I am a Christian and I believe God’s plan for this crazy life is better than any I could dream up myself
- I have a passion for getting to know people and I hate seeing wasted potential.
- I have a
slight obsessionlove for Nepal that seemingly came out of nowhere but has now firmly planted itself into my heart and my plans for my future career.
- My soul craves adventure. I see opportunity in every place and moment that I am in.
I can’t promise that Sam’s Grand Adventure will always be interesting but I can promise that it will be real and honestly me. Looking at life as an adventure is a fun way to live and I can’t wait to see where God will take me and this blog in the next few years. I’d love if you came along for the ride 🙂
Until next time,
P.s. If you’re looking for somewhere to start, here are some of my favourite posts over the last couple of years!